Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2017

I learned so much!!!!

Not all of it Weaving with Neutrals; much of it about how to communicate. Yes, there were the awkward conversations that go along with such lessons. So, when I didn’t have my foot in my mouth, I tried to explore. Asilomar is wonderful! Our room was windows on 3 sides with a fireplace on the remaining wall. We needed a good fire as the wind off the bay was chilly! Despite all the glass, I really didn’t feel like I was in a fishbowl. I guess because those most frequently passing by were the deer.

I took a break yesterday and did some pleasure reading: Aunt Dimity: Detective by Nancy Atherton. Good short read. Quote of the day: “I returned home with so many knots in my stomach that I felt as if I’d gulped a mugful of macramé.” My stomach is fine, thank you. I’ll be catching up tatting the rest of the week, so my knots won’t be so filling. I doubt I will have extra knots.

Enough silliness!


As soon as I get my samples photographed, I’ll share here. Oh, and this sold
variation on Ice Drop by Diane Cademartori

in the auction. It didn’t raise as much money as I was hoping, but the comments by established, successful professional fiber artists were very appreciative and encouraging. I’m glad I put in all the effort. I have several ideas in the sketch book now! Thank you all!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you both! One never knows quite how an idea will execute nor how it will be viewed. I, moi bien sur, KNEW it was a good idea, but I found myself holding my breath. Whew! Now I can breathe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely fabulous ice drop and such intricate detailing ! What size thread were you working with ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The blue is size 10 and the gold is from my vintage stash. The beads are size 11 probably from my "testing" stash likely found at a thrift shop.

      Delete