Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Geometric in life

wrapping paper pattern
box pattern
I observe patterns in life. It’s what I do; as a musician, tatter, weaver, Mom, homeowner.

I found these on wrapping paper and Kleenex boxes. They inspire.


I’ve been working on the bookmark. I had an “aha” that really helps. This pattern has beads added at joins. That means they are loose until you need them on the picot as you join. I wanted the beads to be random, but not pool in color splotches. How to keep track of them? I loaded them on a length of sewing thread as I was loading the rest of the beads onto the shuttle threads. Here's a good explanation of the technique:  http://www.georgiaseitz.com/classes/beads.html 
So far, so good. I can use the sewing thread to pop the bead onto the picot when it’s time to fumble with the crochet hook, paperclip, and shuttles. Did I mention that the beads are too close to the size tatting thread I have to needle the thread with glue? That means I would have to get creative with thinner thread to put the bead on the picot anyway. I’m going to take time today to put the beads onto a length of beading thread. That will make things go faster as I can coax the waxed thread back through the bead easier than the sewing thread. I’ll have enough done for pictures next week.


But first, I’m off to figure out why the tree leaves are shriveling and dropping all over the floor by the tatting chair…

No comments:

Post a Comment