Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Swimming, swimming, swimming

It’s finished. Jane’s TIAS 2018. Pretty little thing. Easy to tat up, a mystery until the last, and just plain fun. Doing these tat-along projects keeps shuttles in my hand. I tend to want to rest after the flurry of snowflakes that seem to fall off the shuttles every December. Thank you Jane and Renulek for putting your designs out there for us to discover and join in the fun. I’m still working on Wiosna 2017 adding beads to the pattern. I’m playing with color in a big contrasting way. We’ll see if the end result is something to be held up as an example of what not to do when confronted with colorful thread and crazy beads.


I’m also considering starting a smaller doily. It’s only 2 rounds. I found it in the Handy Hands Winter 2018 Newsletter. Barb reprinted a Coats 1941 booklet. The unnamed designer, perhaps another musician who tatted away listening to others play, named the pattern Sonata. I’d like to use one color thread and several colors beads. We’ll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment