Thursday, August 3, 2017

Cro-tat progress

This cro-tat technique is growing on me. I like the thought that I could collaborate with someone accomplished in crochet. Here’s the best of what I worked on Tuesday:


The sample on the bottom in both pictures has some crochet stitches between rings. The sample on the top in both pictures is shown with top side and bottom side. The one document I found on line suggests using rings with the bottom side up as the picots look better. I think that’s because the rings in that pattern were to represent flowers.

I used some thread left over from a previous project. I think it was tatting to put on a card. The leaf color reminds me of that series. It’s Cotton Perle in size 8. I used the cro-tat hook that I was gifted. I think it was sourced from Annie’s Attic, but not sure.


I’m going to continue to play with this.

2 comments: