It took me another day to find it, but I did:
|4 squares of Tablecloth pattern from Workbasket c. 1970's|
The shelving in this house is built-in and painted white. Just the color I used in this study. I set the completed tatting down on a shelf and then later, set a piece of paper on top. That didn’t annoy me as much as the fact that I couldn’t remember what I had been doing as I was setting it down. Normally, it’s easy for me to think through and retrace my steps. I shoulda known not to unpack in the evenin’ from the days travels. My steps: I came through the door, saw the blocked squares, picked them up to carry them into the study, set them down, saw the print-out of another pattern, picked it up to make a note on it, set the paper down on top of the tatting, walked away already thinking about something else. Sigh!
Overall, I’m pleased with how the study of joining these squares turned out. The faux center that the ecru thread forms is nicely geometric. If you look closely, you can tell which of the 2 squares were worked using a SCMR instead of just stringing along a bare thread. I’ve tucked it safely away now with the other study pieces and am on to the next square pattern.
Oh, thank you Cleda for these patterns from your Workbasket collection. I’ve had fun updating the directions!