Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

aha

The smoke is bad today. I’ve a headache from that and just the tension of thinking too much about it all. Sigh! Don’t get me wrong, I am very grateful that I’m safe. I am thankful that the fire crews were able to get the fire 50% contained so far. The weather has been favorable for fighting the Sobranes fire; and favorable for those living in our neighborhood. Just today it’s bad.

Weave-It loom warped and ready to create with!
I had several “aha” moments yesterday. I realized that the Woods organ is likely missing the mechanical part of one of the stops. It’s relatively common and easily replaced. Just a bit disappointing.

I basted the edging on in preparation for sewing. I have a clearer idea how I want the piece to end up. Satisfied sigh!

I played with the Weave-It loom I was gifted. Some yarn from the stash that came with it has provided just the right weight to figure out a good technique. Not bad for a first try.

I also realized why I like some of the Vierne pieces. They are pretty as written on the page, but if you use the registration the composer asks for, they really shine. Kinda like using the size bead/thread combination the designer intends. Use a smashing color combination and you have created beauty. Play the piece on an organ voiced for the music and it’s just beautiful.


“aha!”

No comments:

Post a Comment