Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back up with a computer. I hope the tablet won't get cranky when I type this, (and stop working!) but I do prefer a computer. I got used to the laptop just fine. I didn't use it except at the desk. So, I bought an old-fashioned desktop. I know the desktop will frustrate me in some ways, and I will grab the tablet, so I don't want to rock the boat. Listen to me…..I sound like I’m talking about favoring my children. Gheesh!

You would think with all the time off line that I would finish some tatting. Alas, nothing to show. I spent the time working on the studio. Two walls are painted. The glass is almost scraped of the old paint. The yucky shag carpet is gone. We still need to get the brick looked at and cleaned and sealed. Sigh. I know it will all happen in due time. I’m just being impatient.


So, what have I been doing? A trip to the library gave me a stitchery book to look through. Nothing very great to report. Two tatting patterns; those were very, very simple. The written directions didn't match the picture. What made the book worth a look-through was the section on Victorian picture frame decorations. Nice lace additions to very quaint looking photographs. That got me thinking. I'm always seeing photo frames in the thrift shops. Some have seen wear. How about decorating them with tatting? That got me thinking of Christmas. Well, you can see where this is going. More as it takes shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment