Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

The best laid plans.....


I’m sure I’ve started a post with those words before. I use them often. Not to whine, but to remind myself that you can plan, but must respond to reality. Just like a conversation, there has to be give and take.

So, what happened? Not much

I picked up the screen we use in the kitchen sink to catch food particles. One of the wires has come loose enough to poke me. I was working quickly as I wanted to get to the tatting. So, you guessed it…it poked me good! Enough to draw blood. Terribly inconvenient for working with white thread. I’ve never successfully tatted with a bandaid on a fingertip either. So, set that project aside for a couple of days.

On a more musical note: I will be subbing this weekend. So, my practice time has to be very disciplined. I’m looking forward to playing for this group. They can sing! With gusto! The organ isn’t much. Several stops aren’t working, so I’ll need to be on my toes lest I pull one of those and expect sound!

I’m looking forward to a few musical days ahead…..

No comments:

Post a Comment