Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chapel chair in use

Time has flown by. I’ve been working steadily on the Saint-Saens. With the cooler weather, I’ve been able to work an extra hour or so. I did end up cutting out and changing how one of the motifs joined. That took 3 days work, but it’s worth it!

Last weekend saw a milestone:

The chapel chairs are back and now in use. Here’s my little contribution:


Thank you to Don and Penny for the photo and all your help. I hope everyone can see enough to appreciate how nice the chair looks. The design really does bring the stained glass windows into the interior of the church. In case you’re wondering (and even if you’re not curious) folks estimate 2 hours per square inch of stitching. Most of my stitching was done during the healing phase of my summer. It saved my sanity!

Now on to more Saint-Saens and may be some pineapple doily.

No comments:

Post a Comment