Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Adding a bead to a picot that will be joined to future rings

 I don’t typically try to create step by step documents with photos. I see just how bad a photographer I am. But, a student requested this series, so I try. The pattern is a simple mignonette of two rows of rings. I’ve added beads between rings, on the bare thread between rows, and on the outer picot.


Here is the ring worked to the point of the picot that will create a bead join with the next ring.

R: 3 + (bead join with previous ring) 3 – (bead moved up to create picot) 3 – (picot will create bead join with the next ring) 3 .



Here is the bead on the beading needle threaded with a length of blue Sliver thread.



I brought the needle around the working thread of the ring and back through the bead to create a loop.



Here is that blue loop around the red thread that would be around my left hand.


Here the red working thread is drawn through the bead by pulling the blue thread.



I’ve replace the loop of blue thread with a safety pin.


Now I’m ready to tat the final 3 DS of the ring.


Here the final DS are tatted with the ring ready to close.


The ring is closed and I’m ready to RW and tat the next ring on the opposite row.

To see the finished pattern, take a look here.

Now, you know…….

1 comment:

  1. Good job, it’s not easy to photograph such maneuvers. Thanks, useful info.

    ReplyDelete