Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Plugging away

 Still nothing to show in thread. My ideas are working, just not very pretty. I’ll get there soon, just had a bit of a stumbling block to my schedule. A colleague is having a crisis and needs the support of an experienced, has-been. While waiting for an answer to a query by text, I was reminded of what a friend said about art and craft: 

“Art can come from craft. We judge craft by how closely we achieved a pre-determined outcome.” 

My organ playing is more in the zone of half-baked craft lately. Will it be enough?

2 comments:

  1. As long it makes us happy, I don't mind whether it's called an art or a craft, half-baked or fully cooked 😁💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. I figure when someone makes a distinction, it's more a result of conversations (or arguments) they've had with other creative types. I just play......

      Delete