Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

It is enough, but there's more to do.....

 I found myself getting frustrated and stressed by not achieving tatting designs by the dozens. I do have ideas for dozens of them, just haven’t gotten them documented. One rabbit hole I got sucked into recently was on how Bach’s music could be represented using Gematric techniques. Honestly, I haven’t spent a lot of time on that. I’ve read a few articles; the most recent “Proportional relationships in Bach’s Die Kunst der Fuge and the intended duration of Contrapunctus XIV” published in the May 2022 issue of the Diapason magazine. To me, the theory of such analysis and the result in thread just doesn’t seem relevant. I’m content to look at the music from a higher altitude. And without the help of calculator and equations. Not to say it isn’t fascinating to follow, just not where I’m at with thread and shuttle or needle. Besides, if I drilled down that far in music, I’d have HUNDREDS of ideas. There’s more to do.

1 comment: