Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Bullion Territory

The third section of the bird described in the directions of the thread painting project is the claws of the little sweetie tweetie. These are accomplished by stitching 7 bullion knots. When I was reviewing the text before our group meeting, I saw that there was mention of doing this step while the fabric is held taught by the hoop. OK….. As opposed to???? *shrug* I picked up my doodle cloth and followed the detailed directions on a separate page. OK… I get it a bit. Awkward, but when you’re new to a technique, awkward is pretty usual. Remember my forays into Venetian Picot production? Similar learning curve. Anyway, even though I was using a fabric with a different set and a different size needle, I got the hang of it.

I found out during our meeting that what I didn’t know allowed me to accomplish more with less stress.

I must remember this as I teach tatting or music or talk about what I do with those who don’t create.

2 comments:

  1. As opposed to slack. Yes, too much information can be off putting, it’s true. Good job on the bullion knots, they’re not easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found them fiddly because my needle was large. After I finish another project, I'll get back to this new adventure.

      Delete