Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Jelly and Spring


It’s raining today. I’m not complaining!! We need the rain. We’ve only measured half the “normal” rainfall for the season so far. We don’t get snow here in Monterey, so we depend on rain to replenish the ground water supply and fill the reservoirs. I doubt 6 inches will fall in the next 2 days, but it would be nice to get a couple inches.

Last weekend, I walked down to the bay to watch these: 
This one broke the surface of the water as though it needed to breathe!










Such a graceful swimmer



My phone doesn’t do justice to the spectacle. These Jelly fishs were just spectacular. So easy to watch, and an otter swam right in between them and the dock! I wasn't fast enough to catch a picture of that, but this picture shows a bit the size difference between an otter and a  boat. I would like to find time this weekend to tour the new displays at the Aquarium. Perhaps I’ll find answers to questions from last weekend’s walk.

Boaters on their way to breakfast passing an otter groaming after eating.

In the meantime, I’ve loaded beads for a trial through of Dazzling Debut by Marilee Rockley. It’s in Tatting with Beads Jewelry. I’ve wanted to try curled rings forever. Since I had most of the tatting projects well in hand, I dove right in.

One of those projects is the next round of Renulek’s Wiosna 2017 doily. I know, I know. It took me long enough to make a decision! I think I’ll like it. With all the other demands on my time, It’ll take me a month or so to make enough headway to show a picture.
One of those demands is on the organ bench. I’ll be playing at St. Paul’s Friday at Noon for those local to me. Bach, Franck, Walther and Saint-Saens. Not in that order. Or maybe. Come and find out!


Just before the otter swam through

Just after as the otter dissappeared under the dock


No comments:

Post a Comment