Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Ice drop in black

This idea has intrigued me for years. Use tatting to work with a stone, gem, shell, anything really. Well, maybe not food. Or rain.
Ice drop (black size 30 with frosted white)

It’s been raining so much here. I don’t mind as much as some people. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. Rain is normal there. When the sun is shining, you hurry up and take care of things outside that can only be done when it’s not raining. Those activities are top priority until it starts raining again. When we lived in the desert, I found myself getting stressed out. I was trying to pack as much as I could into my days. Because….the sun was out and it wasn’t raining. Silly me!

Anyway, it’s been raining a lot here. I spent several hours over the weekend taking care of storm damage between showers. Yesterday was no exception. Fortunately, the clean-up was pretty minimal. I was able to finish off this beauty.

I had a bit of black left over on a shuttle, so I started with that. Then I decided to continue with black as I liked the contrast; something for all those people who swoon over things black. ;) It’s also in size 30. Diane, Muskaan, and several others have published pictures of drops in size 20. I wanted to experiment with smaller thread and smaller objects. Why? Well, here’s a hint. The next one is in pastels (my favorite). But, it isn’t finished yet.


And tomorrow, TIAS coming. Don’t know when I’ll get back to it. A break in the rain. Time to clean up the front walk. And then……

3 comments:

  1. It looks kind of laidback :-) One for all occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great Ice Drop to me!! :) Can't wait to see the next ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! More wind tonight, so I likely won't get to the shuttles until Thursday. At least we're getting good rain.

    ReplyDelete