Pages

Friday, August 23, 2024

Well that was interesting

 


I tatted this bookmark for a friend. The pattern is from TattedBookmarks – cross shaped by Lene Bjorn. It’s named Pernille and I’ve tatted it several times before. It’s most definitely a 2 shuttle pattern. This time I wanted to use one color for all the rings and another color for all the chains. It didn’t work out as well as I wanted. Because…..

I tried out the idea using a 2 bobbin shuttle for Shuttle 2.

That worked to a degree, but I ended up pulling a bobbin out to tat the outside rings.

I think it would work if both shuttles are 2 bobbin shuttles. Perhaps I’ll try that out the next time I tat the pattern.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! Mmm, I think a 2 bobbin shuttle is a specialized beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a Pelc. It's metallic, which I don't prefer, but I have plenty of bobbins from other metallic shuttles gifted to me. I haven't tried other 2 bobbin, but would love to know what other's think!

      Delete
  2. Yours looks beautiful. I've tatted that one in 2 colors...without a 2-bobbin shuttle. There were lots of SLTs in it, but they really weren't noticeable, and they made the color change(s) possible using the 'equipment' I already owned. :) I was thinking - yours looks so nice, I might 'need' to dig that book out and tat some of those crosses again. They are pretty, and the hardest thing about them is deciding which color(s) to make them.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you confirming SLT would work for the same color scheme.

      Delete
  3. It looks really pretty despite the hardships you faced.

    ReplyDelete