Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Diversions can help spark creativity

 I truly enjoy dreaming up uses for tatting. Aside from the traditional examples of passementerie and household linens, I love dreaming up jewelry and fun gifts. There is also the combining of tatting and other fiberarts. Oh, and just plain art. I’ve got several ideas for this year’s Art of Music piece. I was gifted a wood frame decorated with a laser cut rose and piano keys. Perhaps I’ll be using it this year with…..hmmm….I don’t know…..tatting of some sort!!

I find the best way to get my mind thinking of ways to branch out with tatting is to create something just a bit diverse from my normal activities. This last week I stitched a Blackwork motif using Bradley’s Balloons color of thread. I had great fun!!!



2 comments: