Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Earring collection

 This is a much happier post than my last rant. I was just grumpy. Bad excuse, I know, but some days are like that! Today I post about my favorite way to say, “I tat lace.” This is inspired by this blog. Thank you for reminding me of the beauty in my world!

This is a partial collection of the earrings I have tatted and wear constantly. I do own earrings that are not tatted lace. Honest. I just don’t wear them as often. Being a smallish person, I gravitate to delicate not bold, pastel not bright, tailored not boxy. You get the drift. Tatted lace earrings are just my style!

The trio on the left side are my pattern I teach frequently. I use quilt thread a lot for these. Sometimes I use size 80 and bead size is typically size 15. I enjoy adding a bead or two. The bead cap that provides the base to tat into is not readily available anymore. A local jewelry supply place came to the rescue and sourced quite a few for me. My hope is that someone will come up with a bead cap that I can use as a replacement when that supply runs out.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty and a great way to advertise the beauty of tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thank you for showing your earrings. I also wear tatted earrings really often. Is your pattern available or one you keep for teaching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture with this post shows several different patterns. I'm happy to share my pattern that I teach. It's a bit tricky to start around the bead cap. With your experience, I'm sure you will succeed. Look for an email.

      Delete