Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Heart samples

 

Split Ring Heart by Georgia Seitz
When I teach, I try to come up with ways to help students get the concepts and practice the skills. For the last class I taught online with the Lace Museum, I used the pattern for this heart:

The pattern is written well. There is a clear diagram, a good photo, and text written out clearly. Some information is assumed, some is noted in a proprietary manner, but as tatting patterns go, it’s quite clear. I like using patterns of this type for classes. I feel it teaches students how to tat along with how to explore more tatting and even how to communicate their designs.

This is my sample I finished after the class ended. I have given up finishing a heart during the online class. I find it too distracting to my primary task of monitoring student progress. I did make sure to talk through how to finish and block the heart. I decided I’ll be putting this in my box of class samples. It clearly shows the path of work.

Now, on to the next project: a design based on music of Palestrina that incorporates a bit of stitching using the Palestrina knot.

1 comment:

  1. A pretty heart that uses a number of techniques. As well as having a good pattern of course.

    ReplyDelete