Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

visit with a Snowman

snowman for ornament exchange
I'm still working on the 6 week list, but I thought I'd share this: it's the result of the spurt of designing:



I’m my own worst critic, so of course I’m not completely happy with the little guy. This is worked in size 10 crochet thread with size 6 and 10 beads. The smile is made up of size 11 beads. I do like the bugle beads for the “carrot” nose. I’m in the process of tatting up another. If any of you would like a crack, give me until a few weeks from now. The organ bench has a stack of music to practice on it, the guest list for 12th Night has topped 50, and I WILL stay healthy so I can play Christmas Day!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! He is awesome!!! :)
    I would love to see how you tatted him!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I started out with Nina Libin's idea of beaded picots joined to other beaded picots. This pops beads up to create the 3-D effect. I'm still learning how to diagram it all. More in Epiphany.

      Delete
  2. Stunning and so innovative !!!! I would never have thought this is tatted lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I inovate on the shoulders of many great tatters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed you tatted this cute snowman! Can't imagine the instructions! Very clever but looks complicated! Hope your music event goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest part is stringing the beads. I just looked at the Hector earrings Nina Libin shared with the class and adapted them. The music continues......

      Delete