Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

How do you learn best?

I am primarily a visual learner. The fastest way for me to learn my spelling list and vocabulary is to write the words.  If I don’t see a nametag, the introduction doesn’t stay in my short-term memory. If I don’t write out the theme for my improvisation, I stray too far in my tonal meanderings. If I don’t have a diagram of a pattern, little mistakes tend to creep in as I tat.

Yes, saying words and names out loud helps a bit, but not much. Closing my eyes and visualizing what I would write helps. A photograph of the finished lace can decipher where to join.

I learn best using visual cues.

Next week I have my second cataract surgery scheduled. I’ll be able to see better. So, I should be able to learn better, right?


In the meantime, I’ve received excellent care at a local medical center for Mammography and Ultrasounds. I used beads from my stash and thread to blend in with their décor. I’ll be working on creating a diagram for the pattern so that I can get the first few joins correct next time.

Ahem!

Visual cues really make a difference for me.

So, my question for those who learn best aurally: how can we help you tat better?

No comments:

Post a Comment