How do you seek inspiration? I confess that I seek inspiration in many ways. Sometimes I find new ways to tat by just tatting. Sometimes I discover new designs by tatting published patterns. Sometimes I think up new designs by experiencing nature and music.
Just yesterday I was listening to someone else play an organ
piece I’ve played many, many times. There is a pattern in the harmony that occurs
over and over again. I thought of how the notes look on the page. I thought of a way to represent those patterns
in beads. And a new pattern took shape in my mind, I sketched out an idea in my
sketchbook, now I can’t wait to put into thread.
Right after I finish my Fair entries, complete some
earrings, get a pattern written down, and manage those chores!
I hope you can keep the inspiration and excitement going while you get through your to-do list.
ReplyDelete