Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2024

I've been playing with yarn

 For my tatting, I prefer to work with 6 ply cotton thread. Like Lizbeth and Olympus. While at Shuttlebirds Tat Days, I was introduced to Takashima style tatting using a hook. I thought it fun and saw great possibilities. I’ve had a pink cotton sport weight yarn for years. Since I fail so badly at knitting and crochet, I just couldn’t figure out how to use it. I also just couldn’t give it up!



Remember the square I tatted from the Piecework magazine article? It’s based on a tatted bedspread. That gave me an idea. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far. The pattern can be found in Enjoy Takashima Tatting  by Taeko Takashima. It is available in the States. I ordered the whole set and with Google Translate have been exploring these lovely patterns.  There’s one more round in the pattern. I think it will work!!!

2 comments:

  1. So did you do normal tatting instead of using a hook? I like the look of the square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use the hook technique. Since the tools have hooks on both ends, I find it easier than the "cro-tat" style hook.

      Delete