Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

To Zoom or not to Zoom

 I have been looking at opportunities for this summer. Opportunities to learn in workshops and classes; opportunities to teach workshops, lessons, classes; and opportunities to relax in the company of people I enjoy being around. Some of these opportunities are in-person and some are in Zoom computer classrooms.

There are merits to both formats. Some of those in-person meetings will take me away from the local area. Not a bad idea. The “two weeks” has stretched to 6 weeks. I’d like a break from camping in my own home. And no, I don’t wish we had rented a place to stay while the work is being done. Mostly because if it was out of sight, the decisions we’d need to make would not be that pressing and wouldn’t get hashed out. But, then pandemic…..

But Zoom has been good, but it’s not that good. I would be much more effective teaching a workshop in person. I like seeing students succeed and understand what I’m demonstrating. That happens at a higher success rate in-person than over the Internet. But, then pandemic……

I guess the answer is to walk down to the Bay and decide.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think in-person is best, but when it's not possible, zoom is a substitute that's better than no contact at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. Now to craft my policy for teaching workshops.

      Delete