Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Almost there with another bun holder


I’ve finished Round 7. I’m creating the backing and working towards adding the hair tie.

This is what happens when you try to hide ends using a SSSR (Single Shuttle Split Ring) while tatting with thread that doesn’t like to be tied into knots:

And corrected by snipping out and completing a normal ring tatting over the tails:




Oh, and before you ask, when you clip a ring like this, clip between the first and last DS. That way you have enough thread coming from the previous Element to tie a knot.

 ‘nuff said!

On a more positive note, I received word that my Bach Fest Art Raffle application was approved. Now to create something people will love enough to buy LOTS of tickets!

1 comment:

  1. I stopped using the SSSR to hide ends ever since I Carollyn's whip stitching video. Great tip about snipping rings, too!!!

    ReplyDelete