Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Turning the corner

 For those that have tatted an edging to a handkerchief square, this post will be boring. For those that break out in a cold sweat when turning corners in edgings, this post may be traumatic. For those that have no idea what I’m talking about…..

I’ve been having fun stitching a small project on canvas. It will make a great mug rug or coaster. Normally, the edge is finished with a cord or at the very least decorative stitching. For me, stitching isn’t fun until I add tatting. So, I decided to see if Richard Embrey's Helix tatting would create a nice finish to the edge. After a bit of sampling, I decided on what I wanted to use for thread, how many shuttles to use, and what would work for beads. All is well. Until I reached the corner. Now what?????

This will work I think. I may need to adjust how many beads are loaded on each thread. As I tat around, in order for the beads to appear in a straight line, I need to have 7 DS between placing a bead. Using 8 shuttles, that means that I slide a bead up every 7th shuttle. 

Keeping track of where to use the bead is easy with the shuttle holder and a hair pin. As long as I don’t knock it off the table!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment