Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

I gave up

 The edging from the Mary Konior book proved to be quite a difficult corner for me to come up with. I’m comfortable designing a corner ofa simple edging; one that has just one pass of rings & chains. Even a simple edging that has a mirror image around a midpoint line usually falls into place. Mischief has two lines of rings that are mirrored from a midpoint line. Not only that, but the repeats are also staggered. This means that you can work the edging in one pass using 2 shuttles, but it presents difficulties when turning that corner.

I gave up.

Now I’m working on a classic rings/chains in staggered quartets. I worked it many moons ago:

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!!

 If you’re inclined, watch for TIAS fun with Jane to start up soon.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is the wiser and more practical course 🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, giving up is usually asking for help or allowing others to attempt solutions. I like to think that's the wisdom of age.

      Delete
  2. Could you just mitre the corner instead of tatting a specific corner? I like your triangle. I worked on a similar pattern once, it was was tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some ideas. Using a mitre is one that looks promising. I need to sketch out the ideas, compare to successful (and unsuccessful) corners in books and such, let it sit for awhile, then try out what looks most promising.

      Delete