Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

As some would say....I'm chuffed!

I received a very pleasant surprise yesterday. The Embroiderer’s Guild of America chapter I’ve been working with voted me Member of the Year for 2022! I was so surprised! I haven’t stitched that much. I’m always asking them lots of questions, some of them rather basic. Most of the time I only get a small portion of the projects done. The project I showed yesterday for Show and Tell was a whole year in the stitching. Maybe it was two. It was supposed to be for a meeting during the Pandemic and I just couldn’t fathom how to go about it. I was missing some very basic How-To instruction. Once I learned that the project fell into place nicely.

That made me think about how to present tatting patterns and how to teach tatting. After a pleasant mulling that over, I turned to how to present music for people to listen to and sing or perform. That required a bit more mulling. Still not finished……

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I’m sure asking questions showed how committed and interested you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One member said I gave everyone courage to try new things. Hmmmmm

      Delete