Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Measure twice, warp once

I would do well to remember to calculate, calculate, and then have several back up plans.

I have dabbled in weaving over the years. I enjoyed a doubleweave workshop, found out I’m allergic to some dyes used for wools, unsuccessfully explored combining neutrals, and had fun with lace samples.

This month, I’m learning about Rep weaves. Since Rep weave is a Warp face weave, warp colors are important. And calculating how much yarn you need is tricky. I’m not doing so hot on the planning. I’m up to back up plan E now. It will turn out, I just gotta keep my wits about me as I measure…..

And measure again….

And warp…….


2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I’ve never been tempted to weave. People often assume I weave because I spin, but no no, I’ll leave that to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinning wasn't on my radar as much as weaving. Then I discovered I tend to allergic when working with dyes often used on wools. So, I stick with cotton.

      Delete