Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Does square lace fit in a round hole?

 Since my experiment last week, I’ve been wondering if I could do the reverse: tat a round shape with a square center?

I had great fun with Jane Eborall’s Fandango pattern. The center is a ring with a square added around it. Then, lots of negative space with basically a circular shape as the next round. Janemctats commented on my last post that crochet patterns go round to square all the time. Hhmmmmmmm.......

Would we need a scallop motif to go from square to round? 

Would it be awkward and not lacy enough? Hmmmmmmm…….

3 comments:

  1. In his two books, Jan Stawasz had some round doilies with square or diamond-shaped centers, so it's possible to do it. If I am remembering correctly, sometimes he used split rings, sometimes just ring and chain repeats for the 'round' that connected the points of the squares. If you've got his books, have a look-through them and see what he did with the idea. The pictures are beautiful enough just to look through the books when you want to relax for a few minutes.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat down today with the one Stawatz book I own. Good ideas. I also browsed Renata's Spring doily. I think Iris Neibach will have some ideas also.

      Delete