Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2022

On to the back

 I’ve finished sewing the edging onto the bookmark. It’s time to hide those stitches by backing the bookmark. I chose this fabric:

 I’ll be using floss to whip stitch the edge so that it lays flat and doesn’t curl the edging up.

After consulting with my doctor, I made the tough decision to withdraw from teaching at Shuttlebirds this year. My health is better than when I was 40, but still not robust enough to fend off stray viruses. I continue to be vigilant in Monterey as there are so many tourists and I will not be THAT one that spreads COVID. Perhaps next year I will teach in far flung places again. Please know that I truly wish to be teaching and joining the fun, but needs must.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, sorry you’ll have to miss the event, but it sounds like a sensible decision. Your bookmark will be very neat with a backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bookmark sounds lovely. The backing will make it 'just right.' Sorry you have to miss teaching at Shuttlebirds, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to stay well. I've missed Tat Days the last 2 years and will miss it again this year. Good to know we both have plenty of projects, thread, beads, and shuttles to keep us busy while we stay home and 'pretend' to attend tatting events. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete