Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Interesting Conversations

 As a tatter who wears samples of my work (earrings, edging, bun holder), I can find myself shuttle deep in interesting conversations. Last week was no exception.

Very, very rarely are these conversations of a negative nature. Usually, I explain my lace and how I make it. I listen as the person(s) respond and ask questions. I really don’t mind talking to people about tatting.

What I really get excited about is talking about pipe organs and the music you can play on them. Last week I didn’t get much tatting done. I was stitching a lot on the Ukrainian pattern and meeting with musicians to plot how we could encourage more people to learn about and to play the organ. Progress is slow. In all accounts. But, there is progress.

I’ll have pictures to share soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting more people playing the organ. I think there are a lot more people tatting now than there used to be, to judge from facebook etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The internet made keeping tatting alive a lot easier. Interesting enough, technology has made our efforts to make organs accessible complicated. We must be very focused.

      Delete