Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2024

One year

 

That’s how long I’ve been on this journey.

I’m a heart patient now. Curtesy of my brush with Congestive Heart Failure. We’ll never know what virus caused it. Could have been a relapse of COVID, could have been the chest cold the choir was passing around, could have been the common cold. I’ve been taking a cocktail of heart medications which take a dent out of my budget.

So, no extra travel; no Fancy Restaurant meals; no splurges on books or clothes; no new car; you get the picture. I still have a bit to go before I’m “recovered” and get my stamina back.

I can still tat. I can still play the organ. I can still teach. I can still volunteer. I can still walk by the Bay. I can still throw small parties and enjoy the company of friends. I can still create.

Overall, this journey has been significant, but not arduous. My life is good by many yardsticks. Let us celebrate life together.

4 comments:

  1. Well done for getting to the end of a difficult year. Onward with all the positives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, positives....gratefullness...the future awaits.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear this, Mel 💝 It is good to focus on the can-dos and adjust accordingly. In my case my lungs refuse to send enough oxygen to my body creating huge physical barriers, but I can still enjoy tatting and related sedentary activities. Cause enough for celebration! Take care 😍

    ReplyDelete