Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

An adventure in roses

 I like roses. The large town I grew up around is known for roses. The Rose gardens that city maintains hold many wonderful memories. My mother was a test gardener for Jackson Perkins. I love roses.

I’ve never managed to have a thriving garden. I don’t seem to have a green thumb. My roses do OK and I try not to kill them, but my efforts don’t produce the wow factor.

Tatting different. I like tatting roses. I tatted this rose many years ago. More have followed. Recently, I sat in on an embroidery discussion about a stitch that uses something like a DS. The project they were working on was a rose. Here’s how far I got before the tatting shuttles called out:

I haven’t finished the stitching. I did enjoy making a Lilliputian Rose. The pattern was shared many years ago during an Online Tatting Class chat session. I made one, but couldn’t find it. So, I happily tatted another:

1 comment:

  1. Pretty roses. My thumb lends itself more to embroidered and tatted roses than real ones too.

    ReplyDelete