Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

I got confused

 Here’s the completed Antiks snowflake. Thank you Muskaan for inspiring me. Also thanks to Lina Libin for the concept of lots and lots of beads. Their explanations were NOT confusing. I understood what they were doing with the stitch count, element order, and bead notation. That didn’t confuse me.

What confused me was my own fault. I chose to try to use two threads that are very close in color. Being metallic, you really can’t tell them apart in lamp light. It’s wintertime here, so I’m working with lamp light a lot. I also chose to use quite a variety of beads in specific places of the design. That means you must load the beads in a specific order on specific thread. It took days of puzzling it out, making notes, loading beads to get to the tatting stage of the project. That confused me just a bit. What confused me a lot?

I changed my mind. Partway through tatting the 2nd round, I changed my mind. It was the right decision. It looks much better with the new plan. I just had a devil of a time puzzling out what needed changing, undoing the beads loaded on thread, and getting things set up correctly. My own fault!

Thank you again to Muskaan and Nina Libin.

4 comments:

  1. Your confusion doesn’t show, it’s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, and I got confused whether this is really the Antiks pattern, LOL. It is fabulous and totally off my skill (or patience) level! Thank you so much for this wonderfully beaded version 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the way the beads and thread colors fade outward ending with the clear beads. Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and well worth the confusion.

    ReplyDelete