Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Doing my best to ensure health

 My daily routine will include new activities to make sure I continue to regain my health. Some tasks will be ongoing forever: stretching and exercising, taking medications, and eating wisely. (I’ve never liked to use the word “diet” as I’m of slender build. You know how many times I’ve heard I don’t need to diet? Enough times I’ve stopped embarrassing those people and just move on!) Some tasks will be temporary or just once: inactivity, vaccines, countless tests. (The more I learn about what happened to me in February and March, the more I have to rely on data to figure out what to do next.)

I took care of one of those yearly tasks yesterday: I got a flu shot. I’m still not completely sold that it will help me that much. But now that I’m in the same health demographic as many of the target patients, I’m more inclined to get the vaccine. That hasn’t always been the case. The result this year is that I don’t feel bad, just a bit more tired. My heart rate hasn’t spiked, I’m not running a fever, and I was able to rest yesterday. Today I need to prepare for the rest of the week. It’ll be hotter tomorrow and the next day, so we need to water a few plants.

I hope to get back to the shuttles and such tomorrow. I’m so close to finishing the pointed edging. It looks good, but still needs the last few rings and of course blocking.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of health to you! And it's nice that you can get back to tatting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ‘eating wisely’ is a very good term.

    ReplyDelete