Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

What's in your toolbox

 


 Another question often heard when tatter’s get together. I tuck a lot of stuff into my tatting bag. There’s quite a few things on my shelf of supplies next to my tatting chair. These handy boxes will be keeping things more organized. They’re a bit large to just toss in for some TIP time, but some of these I don’t use but every once in a while. Like when I’m setting up my next project to tat. That reminds me…..

I’ll be getting together with the Embroidery group next week. I need to set up that motif that combines Mediterranean Knotted lace with tatting.

6 comments:

  1. It's interesting, everyone has their own various bits and tools, besides the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. small scissors, pattern, shuttles, nail file, bamboo stick, picot gauge(s), post its, crochet hooks, tatting comb, beads, needles, tapemeasure or ruler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a contact lenses case in the container with clothes pins? What do you use that for?
    The Eyeglass holder things…how do you use those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the items I'm not sure how other tatters use. I use the contact lens case to hold beads. I learned how to keep thread from spooling off the ball: the small hair clips! The eyeglasses bands .... I don't have a clue.

      Delete
    2. Brilliant. I have several contact lens cases that are about to be used now. Thank you.

      Delete