Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Oh, now I remember

 


I decided to re-tat BWV 549 for my Bach Festival donation this year for Art of Music. I found my notes…. except for the actual pattern. I thought no problem as I have clear pictures of the finished piece and all the notes. Hmmmm……about that…..

Well, after a few days of taking a stab at it, I’ve decided I’m glad I have revisited the pattern. It will be a good one for workshops. The part that represents that Prelude has 9 of these motifs. Each motif has 2 rings with a curled section, and lots of stitches to wrangle in the rings. I’m trying to see if I can create a pair of earrings out of it.

3 comments:

  1. Certainly looks interesting. Funny how, when you’re working on a project, you think you’ll always remember the details. ‘Not so but far otherwise’. This morning I came across notes I’d written about a knitted top, can’t remember what it was about at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I wish folded (and curled, too) rings were used more often in designs 🌺

    ReplyDelete