Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Afterglow

I had fun!! So much Fun!!

Traveling wasn’t as stressful as I anticipated. I must have had an angel pushing the wheel chair when no one was looking. The campground was so peaceful and easy to relax with my shuttles. I met so many wonderful tatters! But, the real news:

hook tatted flower

I can now tat with a hook set! It’s a beautiful set. The instructions were so easy to follow. Taeko was very clear and helpful. She has so much energy and curiosity we got along fabulously! Here’s a flower I completed in class:

I probably could have completed more flowers, but I wanted to make sure I understood how to tat a chain and how to create other types of rings. I wish the class had been longer, but I had 4 other classes to attend….as teacher!

I’m glad to be home. Now to navigate all the details for getting my days organized!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and learnt something new! Is that cro-tatting? How did your teaching go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I deleted my comment due to a mispelling.

      Some call it cro-tatting. Taeko called it hook tatting. Since the tool is quite different, I decided to follow her lead. I think her tool is far superior to the cro-tat tool I bought years ago.
      More on the teaching tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you had a great time while you were there. It's always fun and exciting to learn something new.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shuttlebirds was so much fun and it was such a pleasure to see you again and take your class. Oh and the hook tatting :)

    ReplyDelete