Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

How long to work before taking a break?

 I hear this question a lot. The answer: It depends.

For me, it depends on my physical state that day. I generally like to get up and move around every 15 minutes. That makes rehearsal interesting. It makes long car rides reallllllllyyyyyy long. Needless to say, I don’t always break every 15 minutes.

How I know when I really MUST take a break? I don’t always. Sometimes I feel so good that I keep working and only figure out I shoulda took a break when I wake up the next morning. So…..

Be gentle on yourself. Know your body, listen to your body, keep a clock or timer around, and do NOT beat yourself up if you make mistakes. Build into your daily plan a reset time when you assess how your body is doing. Build into your busyness a break whether you think you need it or not.

Most of all, keep what’s important at the top of the to-do list.

1 comment:

  1. You’re right. It’s easy to get carried away when you’re involved in a project, but being aware of your body is important.

    ReplyDelete