Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

One of these is not like the other

 Recently I was chatting with a friend describing my “collections” of “stuff” and mentioned I use my shuttles, not just collect them. She nodded and said something along the lines of people don’t understand why she uses her “collectibles” and not preserve them for posterity. Upon pressing, we both admitted that there are some items we do try to preserve rather than use regularly. I use all of the shuttles below regularly.

They each have their strong suits and are more useful for some lace than others. I’ve made a note to post more about that in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. All my shuttles/needles/hooks are for use. Of course there are a few shuttles I prefer to others ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my shuttles are for use, but there are a few that I've only used once, then put away. I'm not preserving them for posterity, I just didn't like tatting with them. Some shuttles just feel better in my hands and work better for me than others - probably more to do with the size and shape of my hands than it is with the shuttles.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love searching thrift stores and such for shuttles. I plan on culling my collection soon. (I also have property you might like 50 miles West of me.....NOT)

    ReplyDelete