Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Christmas Week

 I was caught by surprise the other day. A friend asked what I had planned for Christmas Week. I replied, “Rest!” (Yes, that capital R is on purpose. I rest with purpose!) After a chuckle the friend replied they had too much to do before Christmas to rest.

Wait…… before?????

I’m so immersed in the Liturgical calendar that Christmas is AFTER 12-25. I’m still in Advent mode.

So, yes, I’ve a lot to do in the last week of Advent. This year it’s a full 7 days. I’ve put off a lot of tasks I tend to do between Advent 4 and Christmas Eve. Guess I’d better get crackin’!

That will involve setting this aside:

The pattern is Loopy Earring by Marilee Rockley

After trying out parts of the pattern with both shuttle and needle, I decided to work the base layer (darker blue) with shuttle and the celtic layer (in variegated) with needle. It’s working up quite nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't thought about it until you 'clarified' what 'Christmas Week' is to you, then realized that's how it's been all my life, too. This is still Advent, and it's not 'Rest' time until after the 25th. :) Meanwhile, it's always been practice, rehearse, play..... :) Your Loopy Earring is looking quite nice. I hadn't thought about needle tatting part of it. What a great idea!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete