Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Loopy adventure

 I’ve had some inquiry on why I chose to use needle AND shuttle since the last post on Loopy by Marilee Rockley. Well, I found working with the needle easier than working with a “celtic” shuttle. Also, I wanted to use size 20 and 40 thread rather than the size 10 and 20 thread Marilee suggests in the pattern. (I’m a smaller build person and need to keep things like jewelry more delicate.) The base layer chains didn’t leave enough room to squeeggle the shuttle through. So, I adapted. The adventure will continue after my resting is done.

Incidentally, if you love color, consider Marilee's hand dyed thread !

2 comments:

  1. I think it’s very clever to combine shuttle and needle to achieve your aim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seems when I TRY to be clever, I fail miserably......

      Delete