Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Still in trio mode

 I see all kinds of lace when I look at those trios I mentioned in the last post. There’s just not time to put my ideas into thread!

I’ve been attending Masterclasses as I have time. Yesterday I learned a new use for registration in music. For those who are curious about organ, registration is the task of choosing which stops to use while playing a piece. Normally this is done before beginning to play. Sometimes we change registration during a piece, but that’s usually planned in advance also. For vocalists, registration seems to be planned, but executed as you sing. Much like fingering for organists. Hmmmmm Can I use registration to explain tatting techniques? Hmmmmmm

If you sit in on the Masterclasses, I’ll be the one tatting off in the corner. I try to do so in a way that doesn’t distract the musicians. I’ll be finishing heart 3 of 4 for the Ukranian Stitch Along.

No comments:

Post a Comment