Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Still in Pivot mode

 Not so much myself, but all around me I’m seeing pivots due to COVID. There have been several last-minute substitutions for performers at the Festival. I received 2 requests for substituting for other groups. People are not as panicked and are more comfortable with hearing No’s to such requests. Don’t get me wrong, I still feel a huge pull to help and do so when I know it will not jeopardize my own health. And that is the key in my mind. We as a group must set reasonable goals and then keep our health in our work.

Enough of a soapbox.

I am enjoying what I’m seeing at the Festival. Lots of high-quality music. Some I would not seek out automatically, some I find I like better than I thought I would. Lots of excitement with the audition for the next Music Director concerts. Everything I missed the last two years.

Still more to come. I’ll be working on those hearts for the SAL when I can……

1 comment:

  1. Yes, got to take responsibility for your own health. Glad you’re enjoying the festival.

    ReplyDelete