Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

This is what is next

 


I’ve been working on this small piece for a bit of time. I had stalled because it didn’t feel right. The cloth felt so heavy. It’s lugana*and is well made, just heavier than I like to work with. I’ve decided it’s because of the fiber content of this particular piece of lugana. Mind you, I may be way off base; I’m still getting familiar with the possibilities for stitching.

Anyway, I’ve decided that this square needs a tatted edging. I hope you’re not surprised. I’ve sketched out a couple of options. Now to pick up the shuttles and tat samples to confirm stitch count.

* lugana is a heavy, soft even weave fabric. The fabric I’m working with is equivalent to 14 count Aida. 

3 comments:

  1. I can’t feel its weight, but it certainly looks lovely. Yes, of course it needs a tatted edging. Have fun choosing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pity you are not enjoying the fabric. The blue shade is marvelous as is your working. Who could say no to a tatted edging ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty. I look forward to seeing it with your tatted edging attached.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete