Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

I refuse to be seduced by Nostalgia

 From Eva Suarez: if seduced by nostalgia, “a person can fail to pay attention to the opportunities of the present” and also fail to anticipate a brighter future.

I like happy memories. I like dreaming of the future. I like seizing opportunities. I must remember to keep from sounding like a broken recording of nostalgia. I think I can do that.

I continue to work on those big projects. Not much to snap a picture of. I will also begin applying to teach workshops and classes in 2023. I will because we must begin again. Even if I end up canceling again, I must dream.

2 comments:

  1. Onward onward, with a quick glance back now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A glance so I don't cut off someone in their lane as I drift into a new project!!

      Delete