Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2023

I took time out

 I took time out from tatting the Antik snowflake/motif to teach someone to tat. We covered a great deal of information in the 2 hours. I used quite a bit of material that other people developed. Some of the names I know, others I do not. Thank you to those who gave of their work so that we can teach more people to tat. I have noted on my copies who to credit. I do use some material that I have developed, however I’m not confident of my writing so I haven’t printed much. I dream of going to a conference and spending an hour or two comparing notes with other teachers on where they source their materials. The last time I tried, I ended up starting an argument between two designers as to who should get credit for a drawing a third person used in their hand out. Sigh! Well, I can dream can’t I?

Oh, and at the end of 2 hours, the student had created a ring, chain and picot on each. Not too shabby!!

1 comment:

  1. It must be do satisfying and gratifying to see your student learn the basics! Keep spreading the joy.

    ReplyDelete