Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Comparing Books

 I’m enjoying reading my newest tatting book. I’ll be picking up my shuttles soon, I promise. For now, I will read and ponder….

One of the thoughts that has come to my mind is the changes that have occurred with how we use tatting. While preparing for my latest lesson teaching tatting, I reviewed what books I would bring to the attention of the student. I discovered that Google Play has loaded quite a number of Beeton’s publications. The one I browsed was a manual of sorts on Running a Bazaar. The tatting section has a decent explanation of a bag with beads added. It’s gone in my to-tat list…..

Meanwhile back at the Ranch…..


I finished a trial tat of Antiks. This is not blocked completely. The thread is vintage of unknown manufacturer and was quite soft to work with. The design is by Muskaan and published in the Fall 2023Bulletin of IOLI. I’ve already started on a version with lots and lots of beads

2 comments:

  1. Your antiks looks great! It’s fun to read and ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your work is so impressive! Love it and am very eager to see your 'lots and lots of beads' version! Thank you 💕

    ReplyDelete