Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Announcing a better way to tat a SCMR

 


For those of you just dipping your toe into tatting (WELCOME!) a SCMR is a Self Closing Mock Ring. You complete a chain having left a loop in your core thread that you use to close the chain into a ring. For those tatting with needle, you probably learned this before a true ring.

To the right is a photo of the tool I helped designed for use in tatting a SCMR. It is available through Stephanie Cervi designs and this Etsy shop. You will also find the Tatting Tool Box. I helped make a short video that demonstrated how the tool is used. I’ve used my hands for a lotta things, but seeing them in the video helped make the decision NOT to be a hand model. Too many calluses, scars, and marks from real life!

For those of you local to me, I’ll be happy to meet up and work through the SCMR with you. Just drop me line by comment or let me know when you see me!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty ingenious tool design!!! Well done 💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never have come up with something that clever! Great idea, and the video turned out very well, too.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete